Wednesday, June 11, 2008

 

Die Cutting Systems

I remember the first time I stood in front of a Quickutz display. I could not understand making an investment of hundreds of dollars to die cut letters. I thought I was immune to the lure of Quickutz! After all, I had the original Sizzix and hardly ever used it.

A few months later I was at a crop sitting alone and feeling sorry for myself because my cropping friends had all left early. Suddenly two ladies noticed my plight and invited me to move to their table. Jean and Jacqui are two outgoing, fun and friendly ladies. I blame them for my addiction. That night they shared their blue tool and alphabet dies with me. Since then I have made a huge investment in Quickutz from the original blue tool to the revolution and even the silhouette. I am all about the Quickutz.

So could someone please tell me why twice this year I have been tempted to purchase a Cuttlebug? First, it was the Disney embossing templates. I love me up some Disney. One of my little dogs is named Disney! But I stayed strong and resisted. And then this weekend, I was tempted again. I saw a card sample on a blog and I just had to make that same card. First, the card required the Happy Birthday embossing plate for the Cuttlebug. Next, I would need Nestabilities (which I could also use in the Cuttlebug). There I was in the Michaels with a 50% off coupon and my eyes on the prize! I was lucky enough to have a friend talk me down :) I just can't afford the money or the space in my scrap area for another die cutting system. So, QK if you're listening, I need that Happy Birthday embossing template. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?