Tuesday, August 07, 2007

 

Woo Hoo!

You know how sometimes you have a day where everything just seems to go just right? I had one of those days on Friday! I actually felt like I got a lot accomplished at the office and I managed to leave on time, which never happens on a Friday. I rushed home to have dinner before going out to crop. My Dh had not only prepared dinner but presented me with three new DCWV stacks I had been looking for all week including Rockstar!

Friday night was a very special crop. Our lss was hosting the one and only Donna Downey! I signed up for this crop about three months in advance. Lindsey was still in the hospital recovering from the lung transplant but I signed her up anyway. Proof that I never doubted she would be well again!

I knew Linds was nervous about being around a large group of people. She’s taking a lot of medication to prevent rejection and she is immune suppressed. I knew if someone coughed or sneezed she would worry. I guessed she would wear her mask.

We were lucky to get a table near the door. Our area was not crowded and Lindsey hardly wore her mask. I had emailed Donna with a little bit of information about Linds and all of the ladies at the lss have asked after her all through her recovery process. It was so great to see them all make a bit of a fuss over her. We even got our picture with Donna! The two of us felt really special to know so many people cared.

I can’t express the feeling of seeing your best friend restored to health. Lindsey’s transplant was a miracle. Over the last year we had been watching her slip away. Her spirit was strong but her body was losing strength rapidly. Within days of the transplant Linds was walking faster and longer than she had in years. She no longer needed oxygen. It was as if her health was a battery that had suddenly been completely recharged. Now we are building strength and building a future. Lindsey’s got her life back! You can read the whole story on our web site at www.wish2breathe.org

Comments:
Wow! Your DH was really sweet to do all that for you , and it sounds like you and your friend had a great time. She is blessed to have a great friend like you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?