Friday, June 01, 2007

 

Neat

I'm hooked on organizing stuff. I love the gear, the books and even some of the tv shows. I had a few episodes of Neat on my TiVo this week and I was really looking forward to watching them. The professional organizer, Helen, is tough but fun. The thing is I have no desire to purge. I love my things! I just want to have a place for all my stuff :)

So this weekend I am hoping to find the new CK organizing book to inspire me to clean up my scrap room. I need some motivation! Just thinking about a big project like this makes me feel drained. I can't seem to see how to break it up into baby steps. I'm thinking of something more like the Neat approach where the room literally gets emptied, the items sorted and then put back into the room. Of course, I don't have two days to devote to my room and I wont be moving any big furniture.

I know if I could just get started I would re-energize because I actually enjoy organizing and the sense of accomplishment I feel when I complete even a baby step task. Anyone want to share organizing tips?

Comments:
I enjoy organizing. Yet...I am such a procrastinator...it's difficult for me. When I'm organized, i'm happy. I'd like to see that Ck book.
 
I read a really great organizing book several years ago, I think it was called "Organizing from the outside in" or maybe from the inside out...either way, it just made so much sense and was a huge help to me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?