Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Silhouette rocks!

I've had my Silhouette cutting system just over a week now and I'm here to tell you it just doesn't get any better than this! To begin at the beginning...the set up took about 15 minutes. The installation guide is simple to use and walks you through setting up the software, the USB cable, and the cutting blade. Installation wraps up with your test cut.

The software is easy to use and shapes as well as text are easily manipulated. The Silhouette comes with 50 shapes and phrases. I think the online library is a pretty good deal with the download card plus they have a buy one get one free promotion going on right now. I also received a free design coupon for registering and taking a short survey.

I admit I have become a font addict over the last week. I've downloaded dozens of free True Type fonts. I have tons of Disney World photos so I especially love the various Disney related type styles. My dream is to see Disney shapes in the Quickutz online design library!

Still on my Silhouette to do list:
1. Weld a cursive title
2. Create my own shape in Abode Illustator

Comments:
I saw a Silhouette demo today and although I am still on the fence, there is a lot to like about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?