Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

I'm Back!

Hello friends! I am so happy to be back here to blog :) To satisfy the curious, here is a brief bit about where I've been:

I don't post much about my job, but I work pretty hard. I average at least 50 hours in the office a week. I have two assistants who work fulltime. One of my assistants got married and moved away. Every attempt I've made to hire a replacement has been a disaster. I had one new hire who only lasted a day! My second assistant was really struggling and finally walked out without notice. I hired a temp to cover the basics but she called in sick! I was already covering for my boss who was out of the country on vacation so in the end I was working four fulltime positions. I don't even want to think about the number of hours I've put in this month.

The good news is that my boss has been very supportive and appreciative during all of this. I have hired one new staff member and I am interviewing for my second assistant position this week. I've had to pull some very important projects off my to do list until I can complete the training of our new hires so the rest of the year will be long hours and challenges. The thing is I work for a great lady and in a great place so I am not gonna let extra work get me down. The autonomy and the respect I have here are worth it.

In the next week or so I hope to be able to get to a 60 hour week. I am also limiting myself to 5 days a week so I can reserve weekends for my husband, my friends and scrapbooking. I am even taking a couple of days off in December to attend a special event at Disney with my husband. Life is coming back into balance.

Thanks to all of you who stuck with this blog. I've missed reading the Two Peas board and your blogs, but I am catching up as I take breaks from work for some me time. I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking!

Comments:
Yikes! That sounds like a heavy workload. Hope things start to get less hectic for you soon.
 
Wow... that is just crazy. I'm so glad that you have a very understanding boss, that makes all the difference in the world. I hope everything goes well with your new hires. Glad you are getting back to your normal life slowly but surely.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?