Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Slice of Life Scrapbooking

Have you seen the special Slice of Life Scrapbooking publication from Simple Scrapbooks? I just love some of the ideas in it. I am all about scrapbooking how I actually live and not just events. I want to pass my books down through my family and have future generations actually be able to see what it was like to be me. How cool would it be to know this kind of stuff about my Gram or even my great grandmother?

Hanging up my Gone With the Wind and Les Miz posters has reminded me of things I hold dear. Having these on display makes me so happy I could cry. Even though adopting is way down the road for me, it is already on my mind to leave my daughter an explanation of the impact certain things have had on my life. I have some rough ideas for mini books inspired by these ideas.

First, I think it would be totally cool to have an album about the books I love and what they mean to me. I read quite a bit, but I would be very picky about the works I would include in this album. Orginally I pictured this as a paperbag book with lots of hidden journaling in the pockets (bag openings) but I think the book needs to be expandable so I may have to rethink the bag idea. Maybe I will have to create a second volume instead of adding pages.

Next, music has always played a big role in my life. I am thinking of a mini book with the lyrics to my favorite songs. Again I see a lot of hidden journaling explaining why the song has meaning to me. I think this would be a lot harder to narrow down than my book list. I'm also toying with the idea of including a mix CD in the album.

Also on a musical note I am thinking of layouts on the musicals I love. You've probably guessed that Les Miz tops my list. In college, I minored in theatre performance and I performed a number of musical numbers. I know a ton of Broadway songs! In fact, I sing just about all the time when I am at home. My little dogs are a great audience :) I remember the first time I babysat my god son, he was just a few weeks old. I was holding him and singing. I remember thinking how happy I was to share the music with him. This one would be the hardest to narrow down. I can think of dozens of songs I sing often. I'll have to create some sort of criteria for this one.

Comments:
You've got some great ideas. I feel the same way about scrapbooking. I try to capture the things of everyday life and my feelings on things that are going on. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?