Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Challenge

This week's Two Peas blogger challenge is to write about 5 goals accomplished and 5 future goals. This one is tough!

Goals I've Met
  1. College I really wanted to go to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, but my parents were seriously opposed. In the end, I opted for the College of Charleston (see life goal number two). I literally raced through college and earned my Bachelors degree in two years.


  2. Live in Charleston
  3. I was vacationing in Charleston when I found my heart's home. I was 16 years old and I had never experienced anything like the feelings I knew in Charleston. I knew right away that this was the place I belonged.

  4. Travel I've been lucky enough to visit Europe twice. The culture, the art and architecture have had a profound effect on me.


  5. A Good Job I actually have a job where I have amazing autonomy and command respect. I also have job security. My work life is good!


  6. I survived 3 years as a submariner's wife One of the hardest things I have ever done was commit to a realtionship with (and eventually marry) a submariner. DH was on a fast attack submarine and out to sea 9-10 months a year. While he was deployed, we had virtually no contact. It was three years of living hell. We've been civilians a long time, but I still have nightmares about those deployments.


Future Goals

  1. Adopt DH and I hope to adopt an infant girl in roughly five years.

  2. Travel There are still so many places I want to see!

  3. Finish my novel

  4. Complete my Book of Me actually this will probably always be a work in progress, but I want to give my daughter (see future goal one) a scrapbook about who I am, what it was like to grow up being me and what my life was like before I got married.

  5. Continue my commitment to Lifetime Learning I always want to be reading, studying, learning.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?