Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Frustration

Driving in to work this morning was an exercise in frustration. My usual route was closed due to road construction. The detour was congested and routed me on to a road with only one lane open (more construction). It was a bad way to start the day and totally typical for me lately. I'm seem to keep finding myself detoured!

I got a slow start on Saturday. I hadn't slept well and I had no energy. I finally got out and about. I even found most of my scrap shopping list. But late in the afternoon I ended up with a blinding headache which put off our evening walk on the beach. I had planned to snap some pics (evening beach pics come out sooo romantic) but by the time we got there it was too dark.

Sunday, Doug and I went to the plant nursery to pick up a few goodies for the yard. We ran into my parents and invited them over for dinner. It totally sidetracked all my plans for the day including organizing stuff in my scrap room. I also missed out on the movie we had planned to see (Pirates).

So true confession, I have a lot of work to do in my scrap space. Doug took everything out of the room and painted one accent wall red (the other walls are tan). He built shelves and painted them white. He did a great job! But moving stuff back into the room has been a slow process. I have an amazingly hard time organizing stickers and pattern paper. I've never found a system that works for me with either of them. Worse, Doug got fed up with my slow progress of moving stuff back into the room. He stacked stuff in boxes and even a laundry basket! He made piles and stacked them in the middle of the floor. I can barely move around to try to put stuff away. Just looking at it makes me want to cry.

So the new plan is to spend at least 15 minutes a day organizing my scrap stuff. It doesn't sound like much, but by the time I get home from the office, I am so low on energy that I know this will take a lot of effort. Sad, but true. I wish I could just devote a couple of hours to this and get it over with, but everytime I go into the room I am completely overwhelmed by the task. Wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?