Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Challenges

Over on the Me Blog, Elsie has posted a challenge to start an Art Journal. The idea to create a spot for creative stuff that may or may not involve photos is pretty appealing to me. I get inspired by tons of supplies that I don't have photos to work with. I love the idea of trying new things , creating pretty things, creating unique, even funky things. Anyone have tips on getting started?

Speaking of getting started...I have to admit that for the longest time, I was merely a collector of Basic Grey papers. I'd love it, buy it and stash it because I could not manage to work with it. A few weeks ago I was browsing the Two Peas Gallery and one of the French peas had posted a stunning Paris layout using the Urban Couture papers. Suddenly I couldn't wait to get my hands on Urban Couture paper and get to work...but my top priority was finishing a gift for my Dad. I made him a Sara Binder CD holder. To satisfy my yearning to work with BG, I made the binder with Hang Ten papers :) Today my BG craving is back and again I have to give credit to the Peas. As you may have read here before I have (roughly) 84,000 Disney photos waiting to be scrapped. One of the amazing Peas has creating a fabulous Epcot layout using Urban Couture paper! A match made in heaven :) Thanks Peas!

Comments:
I love BG too, but have a hard time using it. It does go well with some of my mom's childhood pictures, but not really with any current photos I have. I guess I'm BG challenged. ;-)
 
the art journal sounds like fun :)

I love Basic Grey too and just recently started actually using it to scrap. lol
 
I'm another BG fan! I started an art journal earlier this year and I love it! Totally stress free!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?